Sunday, April 11, 2010

Friday Night Beer N' Game

Beer N Game

The Beer Drinker's Anthem

The Beer: Leinenkugel's Red Lager is a satisfying twist on an old classic, which combines the robustness of the original Leinie's Red, with the smoothness of their later creations such as Honey Weiss. I must admit when I first saw this on the shelf at my local liquor store I was a bit weary. Three different times I had it in my cart only to put it back; I had been burned with their other concoctions plenty of times before. This time though, I decided to roll the dice, and take a chance, and thankfully I got a Yahtzee.
When they say Red Lager, they weren't kidding, this beer has one of the deepest amber colorings I have ever seen, and what's more it manages to maintain a nice head until the last quarter of the glass. A very impressive feat for a lager. When you take your first swig, your taste buds light up with that nice nutty/woody flavor amber's are known for. The aftertaste is pleasing as well, making you want another drink because you want more of the flavor, rather than one that makes you want to rinse your mouth out. Overall a very refreshing beer that is great until the last drop, and one that will defiantly be a hit at parties.

Rating

The Game: MegaMan 2 is a game that everyone has played so I'll keep this short. From the moment you turn on your NES and here that legendary music, you know it's time to rock! Choose your beginning stage (MetalMan anyone?) and listen to the best music the 8-bit era has to offer. Beat a robot master, steal his weapon, and use it to kick some more robot ass! After you've taken down the pions, it's time for the balding ass face himself...fallowed by a weird alien thingy. Dr. Wily should know by now not to mess with the blue bomber...unless of course the person playing him has had three Red Lagers. Although I was far from drunk, the beer did have it's affects on me, and I found myself making mistakes I normally wouldn't have made, and managed to tack at least 30 minutes onto the total time it takes me to beat this game. Guess I still haven't found that perfect Beer to Game ratio.

Rating

Remember, The Best Way to Start Off the Weekend is With a Friday Night Beer N' Game!

No comments:

Post a Comment